Sunday, March 27, 2011

Olivia going to "Dance Your Dreams" at Merrimack Hall


The highlight of Olivia's week is Thursday afternoon when it is time for dance at Merrimack Hall in the "Dance Your Dreams" class.  It is actually helping her understand and learn the days of the week.  She starts asking on Monday if it is "Thursday" yet, which still sounds like "Tuesday" when she says it.  This past week was no different.  After school we come home, get a snack, and have a trip to the potty before the tights and leotard go on.  Her ballet slippers go in her dance bag and pink Hello Kitty rubber boots go on to prepare for leaving for dance.  Before we go, however, we still have to go to Huntsville Middle to pick up her sister and get her home.  Since, Victoria was home this week, I told her that I would leave Olivia with her and pick her up for dance when I brought Abbie Grace home from school.  Victoria was upstairs in her room when I told her this and came down a few minutes after I left.  When she did not find Olivia downstairs, she assumed that I decided to take her with me.  About 15 to 20 minutes later I return home with Abbie Grace and as we were coming down the street, approaching our driveway, we notice someone running down the middle of the street away from us and suddenly realize it is Olivia!  She is almost passed our neighbor's house headed toward the cul-de-sac, ballet sweater on with ties dangling, jacket on, dance bag on her shoulder, and trekking it down the street!!  I lightly honk my horn, so as not to scare her, roll down the window and pull up beside her.  Abbie Grace and I simultaneously say, "Where are you going?"  Her delightful reply is "Merrimack!!" We tell her to get in the car, so she gets in.  Before I can even reprimand her for this, I am covering my mouth trying to contain my laughter and so she can't see my face to which Abbie Grace is saying to me, "Mom, don't let her see your face, don't let her see you!"  I regain my composure long enough to talk to her about not doing this again, that it is not safe to be in the street, and once in the driveway, I could see the gate to the backyard standing open with the padlock hanging on the fence where the last person had placed it instead of on the latch.  We pretty much keep the house and backyard on lock down for Olivia's safety, but she periodically will check for a way out and go visit our neighbors next door and down the street.  Everyone knows Olivia and knows where she lives, so on occasion, when this happens they can either call us or bring her home and thankfully, they are all very understanding.  Needless to say, there is never a dull moment with Olivia around and my days are filled with more hugs and kisses than any Mother alive!!!  I am a rich woman, indeed!!

2 comments:

  1. Whew! That was close! She is so funny. I can totally see you holding the laughter back while Abbie Grace is saying that to you.

    ReplyDelete